Wednesday 11 May 2016

Dance in the rain art page with Rebecca Baer


 Hello my dear crafty friends and welcome to my inspirational post made for Rebecca Baer using her adorable stencil as my fancy art piece background.

I made this piece for the possible print submission and as it was not picked for print I am free to share it in my blog and I think it's pretty good one.
I made the background with Rebecca Baer Enchanted Vine stencil  (Medium size used) around the stamped image from Stampendous.
First I stamped the image and heat emboss it so I can color inside and not to be afraid of splashes from late misting. Then I  colored the image with distress markers and even stamped doilies over the white dress to make it more interesting.
The sentiment was stamped over tissue and glued with gel medium near the image . Then I made a mask for both stamped image and sentiment and added clear heavy gel medium with Rebecca's Enchanted vine stencil. 
Clear glitter was added over the wet gel medium and I let it dry for a couple of hours.
As the next step I added a few background lines with white ink and white embossing powder. Then the whole piece (images masked) was misted with a mix of at least 3 Tattered Angels blue mists.
The stencilled lines worked as resist, but not totally and this is a reason to see some color inside the diamond shapes. But it just made it more interesting and more Mixed Media.
I hope that I inspired you with my small art page.
I enter this art piece to some web challenges too:
Anything feminine- for Southern Ridge trading company
 Monochromatic for Studio 75- I think that black and white are OK, everything else is just blue
Anything but cute - Celebrating your style: not cute and sure my artistic style
 Country view challenge- Use a Stencil
Anything goes for Stamping Sensations

9 comments:

Irish Cherokee said...

Exquisite Card Irit. Love older looking pieces of art.

Hugs,
Jim

Dora said...

Awesome!
Thank you for entering this beautiful creation by Stamping Sensations this month.

Viv said...

Lovely mixed media piece Irit. Just beautiful. Thanks for sharing with us at Stamping Sensations
Viv (DT)

Maura said...

Beautiful textured background, Irit! Love the image of the couple in the rain, looks perfect with your blues. I am so glad you joined us in this week's challenge at Simon Says Stamp Monday challenge!

brenda said...

A beautiful creation for our challenge Irit, super stamping and textures, many thanks for joining in at Stamping Sensation.

I have some Tattered Lace candy here

B x

Pawsitively Creative said...

Your stencil use and color combo are fantabulous! Looks like the happy couple is enjoying their dance in the rain. Awesome sauce textures and that resist technique is wowzers! Such a fun design!

Thanks for joining our "Celebrate Your Style" challenge at Anything But Cute and sharing in our Blogiversary! Hugz! ~Niki DT

SewPaperPaint said...

The dimension flows perfectly with this amazing image! Thanks so much for entering with us at Anything But Cute!

Katelyn said...

Fantastic art page Irit! Thanks for playing along with us on the Southern Ridge Trading Company Blog!
-Katelyn DT member at Southern Ridge

Linda said...

Gorgeous! Thank you for joining in with the Craft Stamper challenge xx

Popular Posts