Wednesday 19 March 2014

Stamped magnets with Ann Butler's products

Hello my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here again with my easy to make, but fancy ART MAGNETS.
A few years ago I was a polymer clay addict. Then I moved to paper crafting and scrapbooking, but I still remember those dirty nails days and a special oven I kept for polymer clay baking. So when I got this Makin's air dry clay in my DT box I knew that I am going to use it (anyway, I don't need this old oven to bake it as its self drying clay). So here are my lovely and very easy to make magnets made with Ann Butler's delicious stamps: Monograms and  Faux Quilting 2'' .
Let's begin!
1. Cut a piece of White Makin's air dry clay, make a ball and flatten it with Makin's tool as shown. Try to make it at least 1/4'' thick as we want it to be rigid to use it as a fridge magnet.


2. Pick your favorite cutter, but remember that we are going to use Ann Butler's Monogram stamps, so 2'' letter must fit the cutter size. I picked heart shape as I thought about heART doing this project. Cut the clay and keep the leftovers for the future use (in a good plastic bag and 
even two! Remember that this kind of the clay is air dry one!)



This is a shape we are going to stamp over. Make 3 of them for the final project.


3. Now it's a stamping fun time! First stamp the monogram letter from EZ-De's Flourish 2'' 
ABC'S stamps in the middle of your clay shape.


4. Now stamp around the letter with 2'' cling stamps from 2 sets listed on the bottom .Stamp it three times around the letter for this "like triangle" shape. If you use other shapes it can be less or more of background stamping. Use different patterns over different magnets or combine different stamps over the same magnet. I used the same stamp over each single piece and three different patterns for the whole project.


5. Use a make- up sponge (or any fancy tool you have) to add Ann Butler's Crafter's inks to 
your totally dry magnets. Make it a few times to make the more saturated colors.



6. Let the inks dry for a few hours (don't use the heat gun as it may change the shape a bit) and then cover it with a think layer of Glossy Accents or any other glossy coverage.
Here is my final project









Now it's your turn! Get some gorgeous Ann Butler's stamps and inks and make a lot of easy made magnets for yourselves or as small gifts.
Products used:
Ann Butler's products
Crafter's inks: Limelight, Aquamarine, Berry
Other products
Glossy Accents (Ranger), heart shape cutter
See you next month with more ANN BUTLER'S products inspiration. 
I add this to Friends with Flair Unity blog





15 comments:

Miwa said...

Great project! You've inspired me to pull out my paper clay, it's been awhile! :)

Diane Jaquay said...

These are VERY cool! I think I've got some paper clay so I can try this!

Ruby said...

Great project. I can see great possibilities with this product.

LauraEva said...

That is such a brilliant idea!

KristyLee said...

Okay, girly, this is really awesome! Love how your hearts turned out! Love the colors too! You know I now have to try and "Case" your art work here!! I would never say it's my own, and I don't have those letters, however I could use other Unity stamps I am sure. I really love this! Thank you very much for the inspiration, I need some LOL! I followed you from Unity's Friends w/ Flair!
Peace,
KristyLee

Rachel said...

what an awesome and creative idea! these would be great little gifts, i love them. very fun way to use those unity stamps!
-Rachel
rwkrafts.com

Michelle said...

Cool project!

Cynthia said...

Really fun project! Thanks for the tutorial.

Waving My Wand said...

Well look at that. Pretty cool.

Julia said...

Fab creation, thanks for he tutorial!
Found you on the Unity - Friends with Flair Hop, March 28, 2014.
Thanks for sharing your talent.
Hugs,
Julia

Donna K said...

These are great, Irit. I always leave your blog inspired by your unique creativity!

Gaylynn said...

Gorgeous and very unique project. So creative. :)

JPScraps said...

These are amazing! I love the vibrant colors. Thanks for the step by step.

Mary Anne / MA54K said...

Ohhhh, I have some of that stuff! Thanks for the reminder. Love your project.

Ann Butler said...

Irit these are so much fun, the stamps work so well with the clay and the fact that the clay is no bake makes this project perfect!

Popular Posts