Thursday 11 April 2013

My " in box" altered town

Hello, my dear crafty friends!
Irit is here again for our Town week and this time a have a story to tell.
We live in a big 7 bedrooms home for last 18 years. Great home to raise your 4 kids. But then kids are already grown- ups and on their own and there were just 2 of us and a fatty cat. So about a year and a half we decided to move to a flat. Apartment. 4 bed rooms (2 for my craft addiction). So we bought this apartment and we are still waiting as this a big pretty new house and it takes ages to finish the construction. Lately we sold our house (finally) and were told that our new place will be ready in 3-4 month. So this project is a small recycled gift to myself and my DH. I am going to put the new key inside and to give n it to him when time comes and as I do all interior design it's like my new baby I will present to him and to our cat... (lol)
So this is my totally altered candy box (the bottom is even not altered), I used the cardboard inside to make this small town with Tando chipboards. I used stencil to make the bricks, heat embossed the walls and the roofs, made a moon/sun from the inside part of Tando Flowers chippboard and heat embossed with yellow powder. The title was made from Tando letters and heat embossed with black powder. The mini key (so adorable) heat embossed with Copper and the background paper is MME.






The box was covered inside with washi tapes and sticky lace on outside. The same washi and lace were added over the acetate cover, with a piece of cut out paper and Let's celebrate today die cut. The paper was heat embossed with yellow powder and the die covered with glaze for the shiny look.










I think it's a lovely recycled project made with great products and I will keep it for a few month to add a real key inside.

3 comments:

Ziggyeor said...

Aww what a neat thing to make for a new house. LOL on needing 2 rooms for your crafty addiction. I think I could spread out into two spaces too!

Angeline Choo said...

i like!! i need this in my home too :D TFS!

SHartl said...

this is such a cute project! I love those little chipboard houses and I only wish I had two craft rooms!

Popular Posts