Monday 11 June 2012

My useful altered tray


This project will be published in Scrapbooking. com August 2012 issue 
Hello, my dear crafting friends! Irit is here again and this time with this most gorgeous  wooden box we got from McGuffey Woodworking
     as a product swap. I am really Printers Tray addict. So to get another tray  to alter, and this time with Robin's Nest products, was a real pleasure.


As you can see, it was made to use. We have a little Robin's Nest chalkboard here and we can write with a chalk (when I get some!). Then there are those small Robin's Nest clips on a string to keep some small notes.
A small calendar was added on the left, May was first as all other month are gone, but is can be replaced  to the new calendar when we need it. And finally I made this small notebook (with a birdie on it) using Bind-It-All , again I need to find a small pen to fit the spot.
The bare wooden  tray  from McGuffey Woodworking was painted with a mix of teal and brown acrylics and I added a bit of crackled paint too for this vintage look.
Then I used Glitter Writing   and Classified  cardstock to cover all 6 inside boxes. I also inked the white Classified cardstock with a bit of Tea Die Distress ink to fit the colors. Then I added some Viva  and Family rub - ons all over the cardstocks.
I die cut a lot of Tim Holtz dies from Brown on Brown  Rope  glitter cardstock: the bird cage, the clock, gears and glued them inside.


I also decided to add some glittery pinks and Princess Border strips were just perfect. The same strip was used to make a folded big flower and 2 more were made with another dies from the background paper, layered, one with some lace inside and inked a bit.


I made a small notebook using the same Glitter Writing  cardstock backside and added a die cut bird - it comes from the same bird cage die and I just embellished it with a pink  Regency  mini dew drop eye.   The small Euro  clippie was added on the right to make the opening easy.

I also embellished the bird cage with  pink mini  dew drops from Regency set. The border hinge die cut on the lower left was embellished with Gold Dew Drops from Mocha Trail set .
I added the chalkboard on the left top corner, made a string from  Robin's Nest twine and clipped those Regency  clips. Then I filled 2 small glass bottles with Parisian and Regency  mini dew drops (kind of a waste, but so lovely). Last, but not a least, some Robin's Nest ribbons were added : the  Red velvet and B- wild  cotton ball white and the printed twine on the lower left spot.

Some charms and vintage buttons were added as my flower centers and one big bow over the notebook.


I really like the final result and hope you like it too.
See you next time with another  Robin's Nest project.
I enter this to Unique crafter Buttons challenge- the huge buttons in the middle.

Irit

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Wow! This is REALLY creative! I just love the chalkboard with the little bird's nest charm. Such detail! Thanks for joining us at Unique Crafters Challenge and good luck!

Shanna Shands said...

I love the tray. I love all the little pieces. Great job. Thanks for playing with Unique Crafters. Check back tomorrow for our new challenge.

Popular Posts