Saturday 24 March 2012

A long life is in store for you

This card was published in SNR April/May 2012 issue
This is my very first The Rubber Cafe DT post. I made a full tutorial for this post  for TRC blog, but I repost it here too for all my own blog followers.
So here is my finished card- Oriental style for any occasion.


As some of your may know (my FB friends mostly), my new TRC stamps made a long travel from our Israeli customs to my home (2 weeks and mostly 13 miles away), but they are finally with me and I had a hard time to decide what I am going to use for my very first blog post. Actually, I wanted to use them all as all stamps are so gorgeous, but finally I stopped on those Oriental stamps as I was in this Chinese mood.
Then I decided to make a quick tutorial with some stamping basics, as some of us are not the long time experienced stampers and sometime we need to go back to basics.
So this post is about Resist stamping technique and Stamped paper piecing, but with my own twists.
Resist stamping technique:
 This technique is based on resist to paint action of stamped and heat embossed images. So when you stamp any image on your cardstock, use embossing powder and heat it, you can paint over it with inks, watercolors, stains, acrylic and then to wipe the paint over your images and to see them clear and in the color they were embossed.
My twist here was to use some light color patterned paper and to produce this technique on it and not on some solid cardstock.

 I used this Basic Grey cardstock (back side of it), with White ink (OK, I am a messy crafter, my inks and stamps are not so clean, but believe me, it is white inside).
I used Donna Salazar Mixed Media Jasmine ink and White embossing powder.
I also  used Blossom Branch TRC  stamp for this step.
Here you can see the stamped and embossed image and we are ready for the next step.




You can use any kind of paint over your stamped images as long as it's not totally permanent one, I decided to stick with Donna Salazar Mixed Media inks and to paint my embossed blooms into some pink color that mixes great with this original greens of the paper. So I used this Chiffon ink here.
The piece of Ranger's Cut -n-dry foam used for my inking and then I added some pink highlights with reddish watercolor over the flowers and wiped all extra paints and inks with a baby wipe.
Now my resist piece is done and I cut out to the card panel size and inked around with Donna Salazar Truffle ink and made pearl flower centers were made with Cream Pearl Pen and this piece was done.



The second basic technique I will show you today is this Stamping and Paper piecing one. Very simple and well known and still I decided to make a twist and to use a piece of patterned paper again and to make it 3 layers 3d image.

I used this TRC Large Lace Fan , Versamark embossing ink and some gold embossing powder.




You can see the fan after I made the embossing and I actually made it 3 times. Then I hand cut it: one full fan , the second- the upper half and the third- just the lace part. I adhered them one over another using 3d foam glue and my focal point image was done
And here are both stamped pieces before the final card was made.



And now for the final project:

Kraft cardstock base , heat embossed with the same gold powder around for this distressed look.
3 layers of Basic Grey papers, but not too obvious, as we want to concentrate in our front panel.
Both blooms and fan added and then I made this embellishments cluster with recycled ribbon bow, old Chinese coin (recycled from an old candle), some black old twine , some not so old Prima flowers and the sentiment from some Chinese fortune cookies page. And this sentiment just says it all: long life is in store for all of us.
All layers were adhered with The Rybber Cafe  best ever GLUE.
The Rubber Cafe stamps are in our store for you to use for this long crafting life!



No comments:

Popular Posts