Tuesday 24 January 2012

My Robin's nest glitter garden

Hello, my dear Robin's Nest friends ! Irit is here again with my first post during my second term on this fantastic team.




This time I decided to show you how you can make your own glitter garden, using Robin's Nest most gorgeous glitter cardstocks and glitter chipboards.
The base of this project is this cheap acrylic frame and I actually covered it with home die cut flowers and leaves.
Products used here:
Acrylic frame
Robin's Nest products:
Glitter Chipboards:red, lime green pink, yellow
Glitter cardstock:  Glitter White on white swirls,  Glitter Pink on Pink swirls,Classic Roses, Cindy Loe Stripe
Dew drops:Sun Shower, B/W with Silver 
Other products: Sizzix flower and leaves dies, EK Success flower and leaves punches
Chipboard butterfly (A2Z Scraplets)
Creative Inspiration Paints: Mellow Yellow, Sunshine, Rustic Red, Evergreen, Citrus
Fancy Pants swirl and flowers stamps
Staz-on white ink
How I did it:
1. Stamp some flowers and swirls with Staz- On over acrylic frame top. As you can see only the small portions of it are seen after I covered it with all flowers and leaves.
2. Die cut and punch lots and lot of flowers, leaves and swirls from all papers and glitter chipboards. Use dies to cut your glitter chipboards and punches for cardstock and paper, as chipboards are too thick for punches. Assemble your flowers and begin to glue them over the frame. Fist glue the swirls, then some big flowers, then add leaves and small flowers and try to make it to look as a random collection.


3. Glue dew drops as your flower centers: make a small center flowers over the big flowers and add just one drop over the small ones. Add Tear drops as your leaves over the small leave branches.
4. Now for the painting. As the glitter was too bright, I decided to soften it with a bit of water colors, so I added some light paint layer over the chipboard flowers. The white glitter cardstock was just perfect for resist painting, so I painted over the white flowers and then cleaned the paint from the glitter parts using a baby wipes.
Finally I added this chipboard huge butterfly, painted and glitter covered and my shiny garden was done.





And for the final project


I also enter this to Lessology Floral project- the frame is totally recycled one.

6 comments:

yyam said...

Ooh...what a beautiful, sparkly project! Those blooms are gorgeous! Love how you softened the glitter with watercolors...a trick I must try!

Thanks so much for joining us at LESSology! :)

Linda said...

Oh beautiful flowers! I love the paper you used and that you recycled a frame. Wonderful project. Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

Katy said...

This is very pretty and looks like it was fun to make!

Angi Barrs said...

I love all of the glimmer and shine on this. Your frame is super beautiful. Thanks for playing with us at LESSology. :)

Dora said...

How beautiful is this!
Thanks for playing!

~amy~ said...

wow...really gorgeous! Thanks for joining us at LESSology!

Popular Posts